Time Management Starts at Home
With a busy schedule, it can be difficult to find those vital, quiet moments. Managing the little things plays a big role in giving you more time to do the things you enjoy. With a few simple time management strategies, your calendar can stay organized and your family on time to all their special activities each week.
Here are some time management tips:
- Use a family calendar. Ask every member of the family to enter their daily activities. This helps to prevent some appointments from getting missed. The calendar helps keep your life a little less stressful by planning each week for carpools, field trips, outings, ballgames or family dinners together.
- Ask your children to estimate how long jobs take. For example, how long will it take to complete a homework assignment? Offer your son or daughter a small reward for being close to their estimated time. By offering an incentive to set time for a project and meeting a deadline, you’re helping your child learn positive long-term time management skills while it helps you plan your daily schedule.
- Housework takes time. Basic cleaning jobs like dusting, scrubbing and vacuuming have a way of consuming minutes and hours. And, if left unfinished, those minor cleaning chores can turn into major undertakings. Small piles of laundry turn into giant mountains of it. With the added stress of house work, it’s easy to neglect your young student and bury yourself in jobs around the house.
- Managing time doesn’t need to be a balancing act when you hire Maid Right to handle your home cleaning. We can free up a lot of time that you can spend with your children or for yourself.
- A cluttered house can make routine tasks excruciating. Simple things like trying to find misplaced keys before an appointment or dressing the kids for school tend to get drawn out when you’re navigating around the clutter. Whenever you pass something that is out of place or untidy around the house, no matter how small the item is, immediately put the item in its rightful place. Over time, you’ll develop a habit of putting things away as you go through your daily routine and things won’t pile up so often.
At Maid Right, we’re in the business of providing you with a clean, organized home so you have time to do other things. Residential home cleaning not only reduces the amount of time you spend picking up after your busy family, but it frees you up to enjoy those special moments with your children and other family members.