Fall House Cleaning Checklist
It’s officially autumn. These cool and breezy days are perfect for conquering deep-cleaning chores. With winter and the holidays just around the corner, it’s a good idea to show your home some love at the beginning of the season. Our fall house cleaning checklist will help you prepare your home for cozy winter days tucked in with the family.
Vacuum upholstered surfaces.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture, or have professionally cleaned if needed. Move furniture and vacuum beneath and behind it.
Shampoo the carpet.
- Schedule professional carpet cleaning early this month. Warm October afternoons help to speed carpet drying.
Evaluate wooden floors.
- Do your floors need a good cleaning? Or is it time to have them professionally scuff-sanded and recoated?
Wipe down the kitchen cabinets.
- Prepare the kitchen for holiday cooking! Clean and organize kitchen cabinets.
- Clear kitchen counters of all appliances if you haven’t used them lately (clear counters look cleaner).
- Pull refrigerator away from the wall and vacuum the condenser coils. For bottom-mounted coils, use a long, narrow brush to clean coils of dust and debris.
Flip your mattress.
- Turn mattresses front-to-back and end-to-end to even out wear.
- Launder or clean all bedding: mattress pads, pillows, duvets, blankets, comforters.
Test smoke detectors.
- Put fresh batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors (try doing this when you change the clocks for Daylight Saving Time to remember).
- Clean units of dust that can cause detectors to underperform.
Replace the furnace filter.
- It’s a good idea to schedule fall furnace inspections now. Don’t wait for the first cold night!
- Change filters monthly for maximum energy savings and indoor comfort.
Inspect the washer and dryer.
- Inspect washer hoses for bulges, cracks or splits. Replace them every other year.
- Check dryer exhaust tube and vent for built-up lint and debris. Make sure the exterior vent door closes tightly when not in use.
Keeping your home clean and inviting throughout the year is no easy task. At Maid Right, we understand how time-consuming it can be to fit in regular household cleaning, much less deep cleans. That’s why we provide you with customized cleaning plans and the highest level of service with every visit. Learn more about our unique services and the Maid Right Signature Clean services checklist today!