Homemade Room Sprays for Spring Scents
It’s almost April, and that means spring is in the air. But unless you’re already finished with spring cleaning, your home might still be suffering from lingering winter stuffiness. The solution: a homemade room spray to give your home the spring-fresh scent it deserves.
At Maid Right, our home cleaners love the crisp, fresh scent of homemade room sprays. A few spritzes of a DIY spray can transform the feel and freshness of any indoor space. Best of all, these sprays are easy to make and can be tailored to your aromatic preferences, from citrus room sprays with a zesty lemon scent, to floral room sprays with a touch of lavender, to spice-infused room sprays with hints of vanilla and cinnamon.
Below, our home cleaners have outlined a simple recipe you can follow to make your own spring spritzer, plus a list of suggested aromatic combinations.
How to Make a Homemade Room Spray
Making your own spring spritzer is a simple, three-ingredient recipe. All you’ll need is distilled water, essential oils in your chosen aromas, and a small amount of vodka or witch hazel. You’ll also need a sealable jar, a funnel, and a small spray bottle.
- In a jar or measuring cup, combine 20 drops of essential oils with 2 tablespoons (1 oz.) of vodka or witch hazel.
- Add in 6 tablespoons (3 oz.) distilled water. Seal the jar. Shake to combine ingredients.
- Using the funnel, pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Spritz away to make your home smell like spring!
Suggested Scents for a Spring-Fresh Spray
With the right essential oils, you can create a homemade room spray with almost any aroma. For a truly spring-fresh scent, we suggest citrus, forest, and floral aromas. The following combinations all come out to 20 drops total of essential oils, making them perfect for the room spray recipe above.
- Lavender (12 drops) + chamomile (8 drops) essential oils
- Rose (12 drops) + vanilla (8 drops) essential oils
- Lemon (12 drops) + eucalyptus (8 drops) essential oils
- Cedar (8 drops) + fir (4 drops) + pine (4 drops) + lemon (4 drops) essential oils
- Orange (8 drops) + lemon (8 drops) + grapefruit (6 drops) essential oils
Use any of these aromatic combinations — or invent your own — to bring a spring-fresh scent to your home between home cleanings.
Looking for a fresh-scented home year-round? With our HEPA-filter vacuums, eco-friendly cleaning products, and our EnviroShield® odor-removal system, Maid Right’s home cleaners will leave your home feeling fresh after every cleaning. Call (855) 624-3744 today to connect with your local Maid Right.