How to Make House Cleaning Fun
Cleaning your house, for most people, isn’t especially fun. Whether you’re dusting the living room, vacuuming bedrooms, or giving the bathroom a thorough scrub, house cleaning tasks are typically a chore. But not everyone hates house cleaning. Some of us are lucky enough to find the fun in cleaning. Others learn how to enjoy cleaning their home over time.
Learning how to enjoy cleaning your house can take effort at first. But once you’ve learned how to make house cleaning more enjoyable, you’ll have a much easier time with all the dusting, vacuuming, and scrubbing.
6 Ways to Make House Cleaning Fun
- Use the “20:10” Strategy. One way to enjoy house cleaning tasks more is to break these tasks up into smaller chunks. The “20:10” strategy is a popular method for doing this. Set a timer, work for 20 minutes, then give yourself a 10-minute break. Tasks become easier by not doing them all in one go. Even better, they often get finished in the same amount of time, because you don’t wear yourself out as quickly.
- Clean 20 Minutes a Day. Here’s another popular strategy that breaks cleaning tasks down into 20-minute chunks. Instead of spending a big chunk of your Saturday or Sunday on cleaning, clean for 20 minutes a day. It’s surprisingly easy to break up your home into 20-minute cleaning jobs, even if that means big jobs (like vacuuming) get split over two days.
- Play Upbeat Music. Everyone has a favorite playlist that gets your pulse pumping and gives you more energy. This playlist is ideal for when you’re cleaning your home. Choose fast-paced, up-tempo tunes and rock out as you’re dusting your blinds or vacuuming your couch.
- Mix Chores with Relaxing Activities. Folding laundry’s much more enjoyable when you’ve got your favorite TV show playing in the background. The same is true of house cleaning tasks. Instead of listening to music, try throwing on a favorite podcast, or set up a screen nearby where you can watch a show you’ve been meaning to catch up on.
- Include Cleaning in Your Exercise Regimen. Cleaning is better physical exercise than many people give it credit for, offering cardio, muscle-building, and flexibility benefits. Most cleaning tasks either count as light exercise or moderate exercise. So, give yourself credit by counting these activities toward your weekly workout goals.
- Leave the Dirtiest Jobs to Us. If you can’t seem to figure out how to make cleaning your house fun, the best alternative is to simply clean your house less. That’s easy with recurring house cleaning services from Maid Right®. Let our professional cleaners take care of tough jobs like bathroom cleaning, kitchen cleaning, vacuuming, and dusting, and only leave the easy stuff for yourself.
Get a FREE house cleaning services estimate by calling Maid Right today at (855) 624-3744!