How to Clean Your Apartment in 30 Minutes Or Less
One of the advantages to living an in apartment or condo is the amount of time you need to spend cleaning your apartment. Smaller spaces require less time to clean, meaning more time for things you actually enjoy. Even so, a lot of people hate cleaning their apartments. If you’re one of them, we’ve got the perfect solution.
Our 30-minute quick clean for apartments and condos makes it easy to clean your apartment fast. Whether you’re cleaning up in a hurry for guests, or just looking for a shortcut on busy weekends, this half-hour apartment cleaning method will give your home a basic clean while saving you stress and time.
Supplies for Quick Apartment Cleaning
To clean your apartment quickly, you’ll need a set of cleaning supplies handy. Make sure that you have the following items ready before each clean to save time.
First, you’ll need tubs or other containers that you can use to collect items off of tables, shelves, and other surfaces. You’ll also want some trash bags for collecting garbage.
Next, you’ll need some basic equipment: a vacuum, a microfiber mop, and a set of microfiber cleaning cloths.
Finally, you should have a set of basic cleaning products ready in spray bottles. You can give your apartment a green clean by filling one spray bottle with water and a bit of dish soap, another with four parts water and one part vinegar, and a third with water, dish soap, and vinegar mixed together. If you aren’t concerned about chemicals in household cleaning products, you can substitute these for an all-purpose cleaning spray, glass cleaner, and a foaming bathroom cleaner.
Clean Your Apartment in 30 Minutes
Once you’ve got all your supplies handy, you should be able to easily clean your apartment in thirty minutes flat. Here’s how:
- Start by quickly collecting items off of floors and surfaces that need to be cleaned. Collect items that need to go back on shelves in tubs, and put garbage directly in a trash bag.
- Spray bathroom fixtures using the dish soap, vinegar, and water mixture or the foaming bathroom cleaner. Spray mirrors and other glass with the water and vinegar mixture. Allow the cleaners to sit while you clean the rest of your apartment.
- Use dampened microfiber cloths to dust and wipe down surfaces throughout the rest of the apartment. Use time wisely by going after key surfaces first: counters, tables, desks, shelves, cabinet doors, and window sills. Spray any surfaces used for food (i.e., counters and dining areas) with the dish soap and water mixture before wiping down.
- Vacuum floors to get rid of the worst dirt and dust.
- Dry mop hard floors with the microfiber mop, using a dry mop pad. If there are dried-on stains or spills that won’t come off of floors, spot clean these areas with a spritz of dish soap and water, using a microfiber cloth to scrub away the stain. (If there are a lot of stains, spray the entire floor, then mop the floor with a damp mop pad.)
- Tackle the bathroom by wiping down all of the surfaces you sprayed earlier with a damp microfiber cloth.
- Return all of the items you collected in tubs to the places where they belong. Throw out any items in trash bags.
This method is the perfect way to clean your apartment quickly. In fact, it almost works too well.
When you can give your apartment a basic cleaning this quickly, it can be tempting to do it every single week. But it’s important to remember that your apartment needs a deeper clean at least once a month to make sure you’re not missing certain surfaces or letting grease and dust pile up in unseen corners.
One solution to the problem is to hire an apartment cleaning service to do the deep cleaning for you on a monthly or bi-weekly basis. That way, you can save time and money by giving your apartment a weekly quick clean, while making sure that your home receives regular detailed cleanings.
Get a FREE estimate for apartment cleaning services by calling Maid Right today at (855) 624-3744.