Now that the holidays are history, winter feels a lot less like a wonderland. At this point, those of us in icier climates simply need to make the best of a chilly situation. On cold winter nights, that means retreating to our bedroom and cuddling up with a warm blanket, a thick pair of a socks, and a hot cup of cocoa or tea.
If your bedroom lacks that “cozy” feeling, don’t worry. It’s easier than you think to turn your room into the perfect wintertime retreat. Here are seven great ways that you can make your bedroom cozier this winter.
How to Cozy Up Your Bedroom for Winter
- Switch to a Warmer Duvet. The right wintertime duvet can take a chilly, uninviting bed and make it cozier than a mountain chalet with a roaring fireplace. Switch out your standard duvet for one with a 12+ tog rating, and make sure you pick a cozy material, like velvet or flannel.
- Switch to Thicker Curtains. If you’re switching your duvet for a warmer and thicker one, you should be doing the same for your bedroom curtains. They’ll make your room feel warmer, and when they’re closed, they’ll keep in the heat and keep out the cold.
- Ventilate Your Room Once a Day. Opening your bedroom windows in the winter might seem crazy. But if you don’t, you’ll end up with a bunch of stale, musty air. So, leave your windows open for 15 to 30 minutes each morning to allow it to ventilate.
- Adjust Bedroom Lighting. Lighting has a big impact on the feel of any room. Choosing bulbs in a warmer color can make your bedroom feel much more comfortable in snowier months. Consider adjustable LED bulbs if you prefer a different feel at different times of the day.
- Add Rugs for Comfier Floors. A set of thick, luxurious area rugs is the perfect wintertime addition to any bedroom with hard floors. Not only will they make your floors feel soft as a cloud, they’ll save your feet from ice-cold floors each morning.
- Buy Winter-Scented Candles. Scented candles are the perfect way to warm up a room — both literally and figuratively. Some of our favorite winter candle scents include cinnamon, cranberry, and chocolate.
- Create a Cozier Closet. When you’re ready to snuggle up and get away from the cold, you should have everything you need within arm’s reach. So why not reorganize your closet so that your warmest socks, pajama pants, sweaters, and robes are right there when you open the door.
Get a FREE home cleaning service estimate from your local Maid Right! Call (855) 624-3744 today to get started.