Spring Cleaning Tips for Homes in Franklin
Are you looking forward to spring cleaning your home in Franklin, or are you dreading it? Deep cleaning your house once a year and ensuring all your devices and appliances are well-maintained can prevent you from running into problems later on. Plus, spring cleaning can help your Franklin home feel refreshed, making it a more comfortable living environment for you and your family.
Our Easy Spring Cleaning Tips
If you’re overwhelmed by the thought of spring cleaning your home in Franklin or the surrounding communities, our cleaning team at Maid Right®of Williamson County has some tips to help you get started:
- Take the time to outline a plan. Jumping into deep cleaning can make a huge mess in your home. That’s why it’s better to take things one step at a time. Outline a plan for your upcoming spring cleaning to-dos, designating one day for each room of the house or for each cleaning activity you intend to complete.
- Don’t neglect your garage. Spring cleaning should also include cleaning and organizing your garage and attic, or basement. It’s a big task that has many rewards, as cleaning these areas of your Franklin home means they are always easily navigable when you need to access them.
- Use non-toxic household cleaners. Rather than relying on harsh chemical cleaners to help you de-gunk and disinfect, turn to non-toxic substances like baking soda, vinegar, and lemons for your home cleaning tasks in Franklin. These natural cleaning agents are inexpensive, eco-friendly, and can neutralize odors and grime quickly.
- Make a cleaning strategy for each room. A little bit of forethought and strategizing can prevent you from having to do cleaning touch-ups later on. For example, we recommend cleaning your kitchen from the ceiling to the floor, rather than the other way around. Using this method, you won’t have to keep cleaning the floor as you dust out your cabinets and cupboards.
- Clean all your fabrics and soft surfaces. Since fabrics like chair cushions and curtains are often neglected during routine cleanings, now is the time to freshen them up. Wash bedding, including pillows and blankets, as well as curtains. Thoroughly vacuum couches, chair cushions, and large rugs. If you have any other delicate fabrics that can’t be washed, be sure to take them in to be dry cleaned.
Give your Franklin, TN home the thorough spring cleaning it needs this season. Call Maid Right of Williamson County today at (615) 205-7107 to learn more about how our professional house cleaning services can help.