Spring Cleaning Tips from Maid Right of Durham
Are you looking ahead toward your spring cleaning to-dos? The spring season is the perfect time to give your Durham home a thorough deep clean and ensure everything is well-maintained for the upcoming year. If you’ve never tried spring cleaning in Durham, Hillsborough, Carrboro, Mebane, Chapel Hill, or the surrounding communities, this year is as good as any to start.
Tips for Doing Spring Cleaning Right
Getting started with spring cleaning can feel overwhelming at first, but with a little planning and forethought you’ll be able to clean your Durham home effectively and efficiently. Here are a few tips from our cleaning team at Maid Right®of Durham to help you get going:
- Prepare a plan. Before diving into spring cleaning, it’s important to lay out your task list, planning what you will do and when you will get it done. We recommend taking a week to cover all your cleaning to-dos instead of trying to fit everything into one long weekend.
- Refresh all your fabrics. Wash your blankets, pillows, and curtains – even your shower curtain. Items that can’t be washed should go to the dry cleaner’s. Vacuum other soft surfaces like chairs, couches, and rugs. If any cushions are particularly smelly, dust them with baking soda and let it sit for about twenty minutes before vacuuming.
- Make your garage a priority. Although many people have unorganized garages, they often overlook this area of the home when it comes time for spring cleaning. Sweep out your garage, label and stack storage bins, and go through your tools and appliances to make sure everything is clean, organized, and in good working order.
- Maintain your digital appliances. Take a look at each of your digital devices and replace old batteries if needed – for example, in your remote controls and smoke detectors. Use this time to disinfect your most commonly used devices as well, including telephones, keyboards, and remotes, to protect your family from bacteria and viruses.
- Use lemon and vinegar when possible. These cheap alternatives to chemical cleaners can save you time and money. Lemons do wonders for kitchen cleaning, including de-gunking your microwave, garbage disposal, and cutting boards. White vinegar can be used to cut through build-up, such as the grime that accumulates on your shower head.
Could you use professional assistance during your spring cleaning in Durham, NC? Call Maid Right of Durham today at (919) 907-2431 for more information about our cleaning services in Durham, Hillsborough, Carrboro, Mebane, Chapel Hill, and the surrounding communities.