A Thanksgiving Cleaning Checklist by Maid Right Miami
When you live in or around Miami, Florida, you know that there is always so much to do. Living in such a beautiful state means always having somewhere to go and something to see! But Thanksgiving is coming up on us fast and we know you need to buckle down and get things done. Everyone focuses on the cooking aspect of the holiday and seems to forget that there is a lot of cleaning to be done for your guests. You’ll want to get the big projects done and out of the way to start and then focus on the rooms and areas your guests will see first. Check out this cleaning checklist by Maid Right of South Miami that will help make your Thanksgiving run smoothly!
Two Weeks Until Thanksgiving
Start your cleaning project by getting to the things that will stay clean for the next two weeks. This will get them out of the way and you will be less stressed knowing that you don’t have to worry about them anymore.
- Clean out the hall closet if your guests will be hanging up their coats when they come in.
- Pull out the good china and serving dishes you plan to use and get them washed, dried and polished. The same goes for any special silverware you reserve for the holidays.
- Do a deep clean of your refrigerator. Pull out everything and clean the shelves and bins. Throw out anything that has gone bad and organize the space. You’ll need more room than you think once you start cooking!
- Look for cluttered areas that you don’t want your guests to see. Clean and organize them now.
- Finish up any outdoor chores. Rake leaves, pick up stray garbage, put away toys, etc.
One Week Until Thanksgiving
This is the best time for a deep clean so that your home will only need a quick touchup right before the holiday.
- Start high- dust window ledges, fans and high corners. Dust and polish furniture and chairs.
- Sweep, vacuum and mop everywhere your guests will be. Get under furniture by moving it or by using a brush attachment.
- Clean windows in your kitchen, living room, bathroom and dining room. Use a spray to shine up the glass, inside and out.
- If you will be using napkins or tablecloths that have been in storage, wash and iron them.
- Deep clean any bathrooms your guests will be using. This includes the toilet, tub, sink, windows, mirrors and the floor.
- Thoroughly clean your stovetop, oven and exhaust fan to make sure it is clean when you start cooking.
The Day Before Thanksgiving
It’s time for a quick touch-up! If you have followed the steps listed previously, touch-up should be a breeze.
- Touch-up your bathroom- wipe the faucet and sink out and clean off the top of the toilet.
- Touch-up the vacuuming, sweeping and dusting- it won’t be bad since it was just done a week prior.
- Run and empty your dishwasher or wash dishes by hand.
- If you can, set the dining room table today. Put out your candles or decorations if you are using them.
- Set out fresh towels in all bathrooms.
- Take out your trash right away, before anyone arrives, as it will get full again quickly.
- Wipe your stovetop down and clean off countertops.
It will be less stressful to clean ahead of time when you are expecting a full house on Thanksgiving Day. Your day will be more rewarding when you are calm and relaxed and can spend time with your family. Maid Right housecleaning service can help you better prepare, making your thanksgiving festivities stress-free.
Follow these tips and Give Thanks For Maid Right Holiday Preparations
Call Maid Right of South Miami today at (972) 736-8864 to get started
Life is short. Clean less.®