The holidays are a joyous occasion filled with food, family and friends. But if you already have a lot on your plate, the added responsibility of entertaining, shopping for presents, decorating and cleaning can be stressful. Maid Right takes pride in being able to help their customers on the path to organization by crossing off the tedious jobs on your to-do list.
Although we may seem like a residential home cleaning service, we do more by giving you back your life and helping you enjoy the true meaning of the season.
The following are important steps to bring organization and happiness to your holiday season:
- Implementing a budget is a critical part of alleviating stress during the holidays, especially when you’re waiting for your credit card bills to come in the month of January. To lessen your financial burden and avoid overspending, set up a special savings account for the holidays. Extra money that you have left after paying bills should go into the account. When the holiday’s come, you will have the money ready to spend on gifts, decorations, charitable causes and entertaining.
- Shopping around the holidays can be time-consuming. It can also be exhausting if you have to wait in long lines and roam from store-to-store. A better-organized way of shopping for both holiday groceries and gift giving is to do it online. If you’re having a party, online grocery services allow you to pick out the items that you need, and they will deliver the items right to your door. Black Friday deals are also a great find when you shop from the comfort of your home. Whether you have time when the children are tucked into bed or early in the morning, you can check off your gift list without ever leaving your home. You can also compare sites for the best deals.
- If you know ahead of time that you’ll be hosting a holiday barbecue or family gathering outdoors, plan ahead. Enlist the help of a landscaper to get your yard in tip-top shape. Whether you need your lawn trimmed, bushes manicured or flowers planted in preparation for your holiday guests, your outdoor living space is one less thing you have to prepare for.
- Although the holiday season is a time for entertaining, you shouldn’t be expected to do it all. If you’re hosting a gathering, make it a pot luck celebration. This scenario can alleviate a lot of stress, and it allows your guests to bring their favorite family dish to share.
- Decorating is half the fun when it comes to the holidays. If you’re planning on decorating your interior and exterior dwelling, give yourself enough time to tackle the job. Doing everything all at once can be stressful and tiring. Schedule the outdoor decorating on one weekend when the weather is balmy, and your family is around to participate. Plan your indoor decorating the following weekend when you can devote more time to it.
- Holiday cards were an important tradition in the past. But as social media has evolved and allowed family members and friends to stay in contact throughout the year, they’ve become obsolete. Instead of spending precious time addressing cards to mail, you can send a holiday e-greeting. With a simple click, you’re able to connect with everyone and spread some holiday cheer.
- Entertaining over the holidays by playing host to a dinner party, brunch or luncheon can be stressful alone. When you add household cleaning to your list of responsibilities, you may be wondering how you’re going to get everything accomplished on time. To alleviate stress and aid in better organization, consider hiring Maid Right to do your pre- and post-holiday cleaning. This paves the way for you to plan your holiday menu and get everything done without feeling stressed.
Call Maid Right of South Miami today at (305) 274-1808 to get started
Life is short. Clean less.®