Pet-Friendly Cleaning Tips from Sugar Land’s Housekeeping Service Pros
While pets are wonderful companions, they can also leave behind messes and odors. From pet hair and dander to sloppy food and water dishes, it can be hard to keep your home thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, thanks to your four-legged friend. But there is good news. As one of the area’s leading providers of housekeeping services, Maid Right of Sugar Land knows there are a few steps you can take to keep your home both pet-friendly and spotlessly clean.
Keeping Your Home Clean with Pets
Pets are fun to have. But they mean more frequent and deeper cleanings. As Sugar Land’s choice for housekeeping services, we’ve seen it first-hand. Not only do pets shed, but they also track in all sorts of dirt and mud that can contain harmful bacteria. To keep your home clean, and your family protected, make sure you:
- Brush your pets every day to cut down on hair floating around your home and onto floors, furniture, and surfaces.
- Use microfiber cloths to pick up pet hair and dander on surfaces and floors.
- Keep a lint roller handy to clean off upholstery in a hurry. If you have more time, use a HEPA-filter vacuum on furniture and carpets.
- Sprinkle some baking soda on your carpet, let it sit for a few hours, then vacuum it up to manage odors. You can also combine vinegar with water and spray it around your home to reduce odors.
- Keep muddy paws outside and store a pet cleaning caddy by the door with old towels and disposable pet wipes.
- Clean accidents up immediately. If you leave them, they will spread, stain, and smell. And if a spot isn’t cleaned properly, your pet may want to come back to it again and again to use as a bathroom.
Carefully Consider Pet Cleaning Products
When it comes to the cleaning products you use around your home, it’s important that they’re effective, but also safe for pets. That means avoiding products with ingredients such as bleach, phenols, isopropyl alcohol, formaldehyde, and phthalate. If you’re not sure what to use, you can always rely on natural cleaning agents like water, vinegar, and baking soda.
How Maid Right of Sugar Land’s Housekeeping Services Can Help
If you don’t have the time to keep your home clean and safe for pets, consider professional housekeeping services from Maid Right of Sugar Land. We use Green Seal™ certified products that are free from harsh ingredients, HEPA-filter vacuums that clean floors and improve indoor air quality, and a proprietary disinfecting system designed to eliminate 99.99% of germs. We even back our services with the industry’s strongest guarantee.